Sunday, January 4, 2009

2009


As some of you may have noticed, I am not so good at updating this blog. However, with the new year and the addition of more friends into the world of blogging (i.e. Ann), I have decided to revisit this for the fourth time and hope that it will be more of a charm than the third. 
Inspired by the Resolutions of Jonathan Edwards, a godly man with godly desires for his life's purpose, I am constructing my own set of 70 resolutions. While his resolutions focused on developing a more Christ-like mindset, I regret to inform you that mine will read more like the cheesy lists that serve as the backdrop for the NBC sitcom My Name is Earl or the failed Jack Nicholson movie The Bucket List, which I watched over break. This list is a work in progress and I welcome any suggestions that you may have. Also, I am not above adding things to the list that I have already done and then immediately crossing them off in order to gain a fleeting sense of accomplishment.
So here's a nibble of the list to whet your appetite:

The Resolutions of Emy

Being sensible that I am unable to do anything without God's help, I do humbly entreat Him by His grace to enable me to keep these resolutions, so far as they are agreeable to His will, for Christ's sake.

1. Resolved, that I will update this blog at least once a week in order to keep track of my personal growth and development as a human being.
2. Resolved, that I will read through all 70 of Edwards' resolutions that serve as my inspiration, in order that I may realize how offensive and inappropriate my mockery of it may be understood to be.
3. Resolved, that I will make a snowman that dwarfs the measly 8-inch tall snowmen that I managed to build during my first year in a snowy climate.
4. Resolved, that I will use the crockpot that I purchased as a result of Black Friday sales.
5. Resolved, that I will go on at least one random excursion a month.
6. Resolved, that I will complete all of my classes this quarter, instead of taking incompletes.
7. Resolved, that I will recover the lost art of handwritten letters and cards, as suggested by a newscaster on CBS News Sunday Morning this morning.

And so on... I will keep you updated.

No comments: