Saturday, October 4, 2008

Announcing...

I have finally done it. After my 9 month forced practice in technological asceticism, I have finally purchased a new computer. As some of you may know, my computer crashed in January. Rather than wallow in self-pity, I opted to positively take the experience as an opportunity to heighten my spiritual/philosophical awareness by viewing as an unexpected opportunity to rid myself of worldly attachments. Sure, it was liberating, some might be as bold as to say enlightening.
But reality has set in. I am a grad student. I have 2 papers I still haven't finished from last spring because I could always use my keen intellect to convince myself that something was wrong with the computer lab (i.e. the lighting and glow of the computer screen was slowly giving me cancer; my papers and therefore, identity could be hacked on this public space, etc.). I have succumbed to my present needs and placed my quest for spiritual maturity through asceticism on hold for now.

No comments: